Friday, November 4, 2011

Fishy Birthday Invitations

My little munchkin Oliver is turning one year old next month, so I've been busy making his birthday party invitations to send out soon. I thought I'd share this simple, fun, and super inexpensive idea for party invitations!

All you need are multi-color index cards, alphabet and number stamps, and a stamp pad!


I used the yellow, green, and blue cards as well as grey and teal ink pads to create my design. I wasted a few cards getting the layout right, but once I figured out the spacing it went pretty quickly.


There was just the perfect number of lines on the card to add all the details about the party (address is partially blurred out to protect the innocent). 


On the front I cut out a simple fish shape (his party will be fish-themed) and stamped "fishy fun!" on them.


I really like the old-timey feel to the cards, and I think the simplicity of them is really sweet.

Do you have any inexpensive ideas for party invitations? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment